- What is it?
- What do you get?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I register?
- How to top up account?
- How to make calls?
- What if my provider blocks VoIP?
- I want my number to be shown as a CallerID
- Number dialing format
- How to check call quality?
- What is SIP trunk? (or authorization by IP)
- How to make outgoing calls from different numbers to different countries?
- How to make calls?
- What for cloud PBX can be used and how much does it cost?
- PBX full setup in 5 minutes
- How to activate and set cloud PBX?
- How to create and set internal numbers?
- What for can be used external lines?
- How to turn on voice menu?
- How to set incoming calls?
- Where I can see PBX statistics?
- How to record calls?
- How to activate blacklist?
- Setting ANI (CallerID) for Outbound Calls
- Call Forwarding When Subscriber is Offline
- How to Receive a Fax?
- PBX Temporary Shutdown
Android program Zadarma
- How to install and set the program?
- What Internet connection is needed for program normal work?
- What is SIP, and how can I use Zadarma program?
- How to send text messages and SMS?
- How to check account balance?
- There is a "mute" icon while making a call
- No contact list
- After integration with phone, I don't want some calls to go over SIP
- Is there any way to close program?
- I do not always receive incoming calls on 3G
- Sound promblems fixing
- Sound quality decreases when the screen goes off
- After program integration with the phone I can't make calls over GSM anymore
- I entered wrong number for voice mail, how can I change it?
What is SIP, and how can I use Zadarma program?
SIP is an open protocol for voice transmiting over Internet.
Zadarma project provides SIP client and in the same time our project is SIP provider. To make calls You need to install SIP-client program and to connect to SIP-provider (Zadarma).
Comparison to other Internet technologies.
If we have to compare SIP with other protocols, which You may know better, then such example will appear:
- SIP slightly reminds HTTP, that is an open protocol for navigation in the Internet.
For navigation in the Internet You can use different HTTP clients …. they are called web-browsers. For PC exist Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera , and also Android browser for devices with Android OS.
In order to have opportunity to travel on web-sites the browser (client) is needed + content-provider: the one which provides sites.
- The other comparison, which is closer, as it needs authorisation too, is comparison with e-mail.
In order to send and receive messages on e-mail You need service provider (mail.ru, gmail.com, yahoo.com, ...) and client program (Outlook, Thunderbird, or online-client, for example www.gmail.com). Client application will allow You to use open protocols to communicate with others. The same happens to SIP protocol.
Besides that, both SIP and e-mail are open protocols, You can connect with the clients not only Zadarma, but also with other SIP providers! In SIP there are same addresses as e-mail addresses!
Although, Zadarma program for Android initially is set for Zadarma service, You can add any other SIP provider. You ARE FREE to choose what provider You want.
Most of the providers provide free calls in its network (also as Zadarma). In some countries Internet-providers allow to its users to call for free on some landlines (in Zadarma service You can call for free in tariff plans «Free» and also «Standart»)
So everything depends on You, what You want to do and where You are situated. But, certain, exist one or more SIP-providers, which fits all Your requirements (we hope it's Zadarma :). Most of them allows You to create free account and to call for free within their SIP network, but to pay for calls on standard telephone network (our service after registering account gives You $0.5 for free to make calls on landlines and mobile operators details) But remember, Zadarma program does not restrict You, and You are free to choose any provider You want! It's a free world;) By that we differ from Skype and other closed programs. If You have Sip account, You can give it in Your contacts, and to receive on it calls from other sip providers!
To set the program for Zadarma service it's neccessary to enter Your SIP-login and password, You can find them in section «SIP settings» of Your user account on our site.
If You choose other SIP provider, they have to explain You how to set SIP-client in order to connect to their server, and then You can set Your Zadarma program.
Where I can use my SIP account?
SIP is an open standard and as consequnce is available almost on all platforms.
There are other SIP-clients for Android (Zoiper, Linphone, SipDroid ...). We even recommend You to test other SIP clients, maybe, they work better or fits Your requirements more than Zadarma.
Also SIP-clients for iPhone, Nokia, BlackBerry, PC, Mac exist, there are also SIP-phones, which can be directly connected to the Internet.
So if You get SIP account, You can use it not only with Zadarma program!
Welcome to the world of communication.