What is an 0800 number? An 0800 number is a completely free phone line - if you establish an 0800 number for your business, your customers can call as often as they like without incurring any call costs. So what are the advantages? And how can an 0800 number help boost your business? These are commonly asked questions. Zadarma will run you through what we see as the key advantages of adopting an 0800 free phone number for your business.
What are the advantages of adopting an 0800 free phone number for your business?
1. Encourages customers to call
0800 numbers are universally recognised as being free to phone, having been in use since the 1980s. Their free to call nature attracts customers to use these lines more freely than a standard phone number. It has been said that it can increase incoming calls by up to 300% over any standard number. 0800 numbers also build trust. Traditionally they have been costly to create and service - an 0800 number is therefore associated with an established business that values their customer. They are encouraged to call your business from their landline or mobile, knowing they can call as often as they wish without being charged a penny. Businesses have seen enquiries and sales surge through the introduction of an 0800 number. If your business is critical to sales and customer inbound calls, then it seems a no brainer to introduce an 0800 number. The more calls you receive, the more leads you have for potential conversion.
2. Improve your company’s image & company reachAn 0800 number can strengthen your company’s national image. By promoting your free 0800 number, you reinforce a positive perception of your business. Customers or prospects will value this, marking your businesses committed to offering quality customer service, showing you value your customers from the off. By having an 0800 business number, you will improve your national reach. This will build customer confidence as they will recognise your business as established and national rather than small and local, reassuring them instantly. An 0800 number isn’t restricted to geographical locations like local area codes are, and can remain the same even if you relocate your office.
3. Affordable & organised billing
Freephone numbers from Zadarma have no monthly fee and are provided free of charge. You will only be charged a minimum monthly payment for incoming calls. Check out our transparent costing plans here.
Calls to 0800 numbers are free of charge for callers from the United Kingdom. A business owner of an 0800 free number is charged for the incoming calls only. The cost of the incoming call depends on the region however is highly affordable compared to standard phone line variable rates.
Zadarma’s 0800 rates to business owners:
- United Kingdom - Fixed - £0.018
- United Kingdom - Mobile - £0.04
- All incoming calls to 0800 numbers are billed per-minute
- 0800 numbers are for domestic calls only
- For domestic calls to a 800 number from a mobile device or landline, you must dial 0800xxxxxxx (where xxxxxx is your number 800)
- Incoming calls to all other Zadarma phone numbers are free
Moreover, with an 0800 number setup, you can ensure you keep your phone billing in accurate order, centralising and organising your phone call billings through one central number.
4. Highly Convenient & Accessible
Many businesses report an 0800 number is a completely hassle-free option for a business phone line. Often when you set up an 0800 number this will be forwarded to your existing landline number or mobile number if you are on the move. You won’t need to install an additional phone line or install any extra hardware equipment at all. The advantages of establishing your free phone line with a trusted, well established global VoIP supplier such as Zadarma, allows you to access other VoIP services. In Zadarma’s case, along with 0800 numbers we can provide access to our ever popular free Cloud PBX , which includes additional features such as call recording, CRM, video conferencing, call queuing and call recording for example. These added-value communication services are often only found through established, robust VoIP suppliers. The ease of connection and additional services Zadarma can offer to accompany your free phone line number will assist with the smooth and efficient running of your business. In turn, this will create a knock-on improvement - more calls will be answered at the benefit of both you and your customers.
5. Endless Marketing benefits
It is much easier to remember an 0800 number than a longer bespoke number. This is great for your business and useful for marketing too. You may promote your free phone number on social media, email mail outs, radio advertising or within a print campaign so having an easy to remember number is a real advantage and increases the likelihood the prospective customer remembers the number and calls you. Consistency is a benefit. Making sure your customers can remember your number is tough enough, 0800 numbers are more memorable.
Call tracking and analytics insights can be broadened through installing an 0800 number. You’ll have access to insights about your business you may not have had before. You can explore where calls are coming from, which can inform your marketing and business sales targeting plan moving forward based on accurate, concrete data.
So, Zadarma has walked you through the core advantages of the values of a free 0800 phone line for your business. As you can see, there are a variety of benefits to setting up an 0800 number, from increasing the number of customers who’ll call you to improving your national reach. If you would like to understand more about the ease of setting up a free phone 0800 number today, then please reach out to our friendly Zadarma team today!