‘Which VoIP is better?’ This is a recurring question - and one you may ask yourself when comparing phone systems and VoIP providers. To help you decide which is best for your business today we are comparing Grasshopper against Zadarma and exploring how they differ.
- User-friendly virtual phone system - Mainly appealing to small businesses (SMBs).
- Coverage - The system provides toll-free 1-800 numbers plus voicemail and auto-attendant which operates through an existing phone line.
- Easy set up - You can use your current phone system without complicated wiring and setup.
- Segregate and filter phone calls - Take the phone calls that matter and be at peace during your personal time, timezone specific.
- Cloud based, intuitive, user friendly system, with set up only taking a few minutes.
- Cost effective - Zadarma’s cloud PBX is free, with two further paid for affordable packages providing additional free features.
- Global Coverage - Allowing you to connect with customers across 100 different countries in different continents plus offers virtual and toll-free phone number connections regardless of geographical location.
- Free CRM & Integration - Zadarma can connect with different CRM solutions and can provide free integration to the Teamsale CRM.
- With Call tracking, you can keep track of your call statistics and make calls directly from your CRM’s interface.
- Free customised callback widget - making it easier for customers to reach you.
- We have compared Grasshopper and Zadarma, reviewing plans, features and starting prices.
Both phone systems are user friendly and easy to set up - an appealing feature for small to medium size businesses. The main drawback of Grasshopper, when compared with Zadarma, is that it is only available to purchase from the USA and Canada currently. In addition, Grasshopper requires existing landlines and mobile phones and provides limited features beyond the basic call features. Grasshopper lacks the advanced features that Zadarma’s PBX offers and is more expensive. Zadrama’s cloud VoIP solution, provides a broader appeal, with free standard features including free CRM integration, free video conferencing and free call back widgets, offering a seamless, cost effective, intuitive, easy to set up and use solution, suitable for small, medium and large enterprises looking to scale.