Google Analytics setup
To track calls in Google Analytics you need to manually create objectives that you want to track.
The following scenarios can be tracked through calls:
- proper - target call (proper repeated in case of a repeated call);
- answered - answered call (answered repeated in case of a repeated call);
- busy - number was busy;
- no answer - call was not answered;
- cancel - call cancelled;
- failed - call failed.
- Action: phone number which received the call.
- Tag: call duration.
For a full call analysis you need to create objectives for each of the scenarios: proper, answered, busy, no answer, failed, also proper repeated and answered repeated.
In Google Analytics interface go to “Admin” tab, choose the required account and resource.
In tab “All website data” click “Objectives” and button “+Objective”:
- Choose “Custom” and click “Next”
- Enter any objective name, for example, “Target call”
- For objective type choose “Scenario” and click “Next”
Details about objectives
- Category - set the required scenario, for example, proper.
- If you wan to track calls to a certain virtual number, set it in the “Action” field (not required)
Leave other field blank and click “Save”:
Checking objectives performance is available in “Reports” - “Conversions” - “Objectives”.
Information about the calls is passed to Google Analytics every 15 minutes.
A required condition for analytics works is that your website has to have a tracking code Universal Analytics for your resource. You can get it in the tab “Admin” - “Resource” - “Tracking code”.
In Yandex.Metrica interface copy the code of the tracker and paste it to “Yandex.Metrica ID” in tracker set up and click “Next”.
The button “Allow access to tracker” will appear by clicking which you will be redirected to Yandex.Metrica page. Allow the access.
After that in the specified tracker an objective “Call” will appear automatically.
Information about calls is sent to Yandex.Metrica once an hour.
You can check it by going to “Reports” - “Calls”.
A required condition for metric’s work is that your website has to have a tracker code from Yandex.Metrica interface.