Integration with MS Teams - instructions
Zadarma-Microsoft Teams integration is absolutely free.
- Calls to clients from MS Teams in one click;
- Call routing setup for organizations in Teams;
- Call statistics integration. Voice menu configuration and additional features in MS Teams.
- Absolutely free PBX, setup in 5 minutes;
- Phone system price plans for calls at attractive rates to all destinations;
- Multichannel numbers in 100 countries (local, mobile, toll-free);
- Additional services: call tracking, website widgets, video conferencing;
- Maximum quality and security (13 years of work, data centers in 5 countries, 24/7 support).
1. The following conditions have to be met for Zadarma PBX and MS Teams integration:
- Each Teams user that will be making calls using the integration needs to have an active license, (recommended package Office 365 E3 + MS 365 Phone System + MS 365 AudioConferencing)
- Users need to have the required permissions and roles to make calls
- You need to have a setup and configured virtual Zadarma PBX. Minimal settings: extension numbers created (from 1 up to 100, one for each employee), call recording enabled in extension number settings if required (call recording to the cloud).
- In the next step choose domain validation through TXT record and click Next.
- Now copy the received TXT record and paste it into the corresponding field in Zadarma personal account tab and click Save.
- After saving TXT record in Zadarma, go back to Microsoft admin center and finish domain validation.
2. In Zadarma personal account go to Settings - Integrations and API and activate MS Teams integration.
In the pop-up window you need to confirm individual domain creation for MS Teams integration and copy the domain.
In the new browser tab go to Microsoft admin center keeping Zadarma personal account tab open.
3. In Microsoft organization admin center go to Settings - Domain and add the new domain for your organisation.
You need to enter the domain received in Zadarma personal account.
Step by step integration set up with screenshots:
Step 1 - Domains - Add a domain
Step 2 - As the domain name enter the domain received in Zadarma personal account integration settings
Step 3 - Choose “Verify via TXT record”
Step 4 - Copy the received record and enter it into the corresponding field in the integration settings in Zadarma personal account
Step 5 - Go back to MS administrative center and finish domain verification
4. In Microsoft admin centre Active users tab - for a user with admin permissions that is setting up Teams integration change the username to the new one, after that login again using new data.
5. The following settings are configured by Microsoft organizarion administrator with the required privileges (MS Teams admin).
Please note: setup can be done via Microsoft Teams admin center or PowerShell command-line.
Teams admin center
1. In the menu on the left go to “Voice communication - Direct routing” and add a new controller SBC.
As FQDN enter the domain received in Zadarma integration settings.
Signaling port SIP - 5067
2. Make sure that all users you need have a dedicated phone number and permission to make calls in “Users - Voice” tab.
Please note that the user has to be added to Skype for Business and voicemail support is enabled!
You can add a user to Skype for Business in two ways:
1 - via Skype for Business server control panel
2 - via PowerShell comand Set-CsUser -Identity "John Brown " -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true
More detailed instructions can be found in Microsoft documentation.
3. Going back to "Voice - Direct routing” in the top right corner add a new record PSTN, which corresponds to FQDN in item 1 (domain received in Zadarma).
After that on the same page go to “Voice” and add required routed using the created PSTN record.
4. Next go to the tab “Voice - Voice routing policy” and add a policy for outgoing calls (for example ZadarmaOut) and enter the PSTN record created before.
5. In the menu on the left, in the “Users” tab in the required user settings choose the created voice communication routing policy and call policy.
After saving the changes, everything is set for outgoing calls for this user.
The order of connecting new users to outgoing calls routing via Zadarma after creating the routes and policies does not change. Users just have the required policies set like in the last step.
An alternative to MS admin center is to set using PowerShell command-line.
To configure this way, you would need access to MS admin account via command-line in Windows OS, or via web emulator Azure Cloud Shell command-line.
After logging into PowerShell/CloudShell as MS admin you need to perform the following commands in order:
1. Module installation:
2. Connection and authentication:
3.1. Enabling VoIP-calls for users
Set-CsUser -Identity "John Brown " -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true
3.2. Setting call policy for users
Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy -identity "Ivan Ivanov" -PolicyName AllowCalling
3.3. Creating a new outgoing calls routing policy and PSTN record
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity "Zadarma out" -OnlinePstnUsages "sbc5.teams.zadarma.com"
3.4. Assigning user with outgoing calls routing policy
Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity "John Brown” -PolicyName ”ZadarmaOut,”
3.5. Assigning user with a number (with an extension) for incoming calls and enabling voicemail
Set-CsUser -Identity “John Brown Ivanov" -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI tel:+73515947656;ext=223344
3.6. Adding a new outgoing calls route
New-CsVoiceRoute -Identity "Route1"
3.7. Checking that all parameters are set correctly
Get-CsOnlineUser -Identity "John Brown" | fl OnPremLineUriManuallySet,OnPremLineUri,LineUri,EnterpriseVoiceEnabled,HostedVoiceMail,TeamsCallingPolicy,OnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy,EnterpriseVoiceEnabled
3.8. Creating and setting a dial plan (not required, it is used for adding number dialing format)
New-CsDialPlan -Identity "ZadarmaDialplan"
3.9. Assigning user with a created dial plan (not required)
5. In Zadarma personal account on the page “Settings - SIP Connection” for the required SIP-login choose an option “Call forwarding to Teams”, after that all incoming calls to this SIP login will be forwarded to the trunk with MS Teams.
Then incoming calls routing is set on the side of MS Teams PBX.
For joint use of Zadarma PBX with MS Teams you just need to enable incoming call forwarding from an extension number to SIP-login with MS Teams trunk.
Forwarding is enabled on the “My PBX - Extension numbers” page.
Examples of MS Teams use for making calls and possible additional settings:
1. Making an outgoing call via Teams.
To make an outgoing call you only need to go to “Calls” tab in the side menu, enter the number you want to call and click “Call”.
- you can also enter a contact name in the dial field
- dialing format depends on rules set for the user by the admin the in the MS Teams settings
- moreover, outgoing calls can be made from other menus, for instance, straight from a chat by clicking a headset icon
2. Accepting an incoming calls via Teams.
To accept an incoming call you just need to click on a corresponding icon in the incoming call notification that appears on the screen.
- during a call you can put it on hold or use a transfer option with a help of corresponding buttons
- incoming calls can be automatically routed to voicemail by changing the settings in the bottom left corner of the screen
- any Teams user can change availability status (for example, enable “don’t disturb” mode) by clicking your avatar icon in the top right corner and choosing the required status in the dropdown menu.