Callback widget setup instructions
Go to «Settings», «Callback widget» and click on «Create a widget».
- Display name — set any value. You will only see this in your personal account.
- Your number — when your website visitor requests a call, our service sends a call to your phone number (or a SIP number, extension number or a cloud PBX scenario). After you have answered this call, our server sends a call to the phone number left by your website visitor and they will join you in a conversation.
- SIP Settings — SIP number or the PBX extension number used as the CallerID for calls made from the widget. This number is also conveniently displayed in the call statistics.
Note: if you select the sip number or the PBX extension number in the «Your number» field, this number is used as the CallerID, and the «Your number» field is not displayed.
- Working hours — you can set working days and hours during which you wish to receive calls from the widget. During the non-working hours, visitors to your website can leave a request for a delayed call. Information about this is sent to your email and is also displayed in the widget statistics and in the «Delayed calls» section of the Layout settings. When you click on the callback widget, the call is made at the visitor's requested time to your phone number first and then to your client's number.
Note: if you set all days as non-working, the widget will not work.
- Redirecting the page after a successful call — after a request for a callback, the client needs to respond either «I got the call» or «There was no call».
In the first case, you can redirect the client to the desired page, for example, to the online shopping cart or to the contact's page.
In the second case, the client can send the request again. In widget statistics the current call is marked as «failed» (even if the call was successful).
- Email for the notifications — an additional email address for the notifications with requests for delayed calls.
- Place information about the Zadarma Project with a referral link — information about our website is displayed in the widget window with your referral link. More information about our affiliate program.
- Limit calls with a single IP to half an hour — limit the amount of callback requests from the same IP address to avoid spam calls from your widget and not to waste your balance.
- Callback request limit from the same client's number - an antispam limit for a callback request from the same number. If enabled, the second call can be requested after an hour, and the third only after 24 hours.
- Blacklist of IP addresses - You can block callback requests from specific IP addresses, for example, if inappropriate calls are requested from it. The widget statistics include information about IP addresses from which callback requests were made.
- Analyzing visitors' behaviour - each of the visitor's actions can be given a specific amount of points. When the visitor makes the specified actions, all of the points are added up.
- Display the widget when the criteria sum has reached - when the sum of points is equal to or greater than the value set in this field, the visitor automatically receives an offer to request a callback.
- Display the widget when leaving the website and when the criteria sum has reached - this event is triggered when the mouse cursor is outside of the website’s boundaries (if the total number of points is equal or greater than the value set in this field).
- Countdown from — set the number of countdown seconds from the time of clicking on the «Waiting for call» button. The countdown is seen by the visitor.
- Use your own css - you can manually change the widget/button layout by changing the css style.
Download the css file and redefine the desired styles.
You will then have to upload this file on your server and connect it to the pages where you chose to place the widget. When the option "Use own css" is enabled, the widget will not download the css styles from our website.
- Display button — you can disable the button display, so the widget appears only after the criteria sum is reached.
- Use CSS animation — enable/disable the animation that appears on the widget button.
- Autofill country prefix — automatic input of the country phone code in the entering phone number field. The prefix is filled based on the geolocation of the user's IP address.
- Signatures — text fields in the callback request window. You can change all the texts in the widget.
2. Display criteria
Zadarma's system can define the clients' irregular behaviour on the website and automatically show them the widget with an offer to request a free callback.
If you set the value to 0, the widget appears immediately after the visitor’s first action.Note: all client actions on the website are saved in his/her browser cookies. If the widget's window is closed once, it will not appear by itself the second time.
Please note, the last 5 website pages viewed by the visitor are saved in the cookie files. When moving between the same pages, the points for each action are only added once.
In this section you can set up and view the widget layout (before placing it on your website).
You can set any value — this does not affect the connection time.
4. Numbers filter
The filter enables you to reject or allow call back requests to phone numbers from certain countries.
To add a country to the filter, find it in the list and click «Add».
5. Website settings
After the widget has been setup, click «Save the Widget».
Copy the received code and embed it in your website (anywhere within <body> tag).
When changing settings there is no need to change the code of the widget on your website.
Your new settings are active within 10 minutes (not instantly).