- What is it?
- What do you get?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I register?
- How to top up an account?
- How to make calls?
- What if my provider blocks VoIP?
- I want my number to be shown as a CallerID
- Number dialling format
- How to check the call quality?
- What is a SIP trunk? (authorization via IP)
- How to make outgoing calls to different countries using different phone numbers?
- How to make calls?
- What is Zadarma Phone System (cloud PBX) and how much does it cost?
- Business phone system setup in 5 minutes.
- How to activate and set up Zadarma cloud PBX?
- How to create and set up the extension numbers?
- How to use external lines in the cloud PBX?
- How to turn on the voice menu?
- How to set up the incoming calls scenarios?
- Where can I find PBX the statistics?
- How to record calls?
- How to activate a black list?
- Setting automatic number identification (CallerID) for outgoing Calls
- Call forwarding when the call recipient is offline
- How to receive a fax?
- Cloud PBX temporary switch off
Android program Zadarma
- How to setup the app?
- What are the requirements for Internet to call through the app?
- What is SIP, and how can I use Zadarma Andriod app?
- How to send text messages and SMS?
- How to check an account balance?
- When I make a call, I see a "mute" button
- There is no contact list
- I don't want some calls to go over SIP
- Is there any way to close the app?
- I don't always receive incoming calls on 3G
- Sound promblems fixing
- Sound quality decreases when the screen turnes off
- After installing the app, I can't make calls over GSM anymore
- I entered a wrong number for a voice mail, how do I change it?
Setting automatic number identification (CallerID) for outgoing Calls
You can define any of your purchased or verified phone numbers to display as your CallerID when you are making outgoing calls. The caller’s phone number can also be displayed when the call is forwarded.
The CallerID can be set up in several ways.
- To use one phone number for all outgoing calls: Go to SIP settings menu. Choose the SIP that the PBX is connected to. Select the desired CallerID.
- To use different CallerIDs for outgoing calls from different extension numbers: Go to the Extension Numbers settings menu. Select the number in the «Set your number as CallerID» section. In the «Outgoing Calls» section, disable «the Caller ID by Called destination» feature.
- You can use different CallerIDs to make outgoing calls to different destinations (for example, if you want to show your London phone number as CallerID for calls to London numbers, and show your New York phone number for calls to NYC phone numbers). Do this in the Outgoing calls section by setting up the phone number identification rules (certain CallerID numbers will be used for calling specific phone numbers). You can enable this feature for each of your PBX extension numbers separately, as well as setting the default CallerID in the «Extension Numbers» section.
- To display the caller’s phone number (CallerID) when call forwarding from certain extension numbers is enabled, uncheck the «Set your CallerID» option for those extension numbers (in the Extension Numbers section of your personal profile). All CallerIDs will be displayed, except those received from an external line (a non Zadarma phone number).